- Hike Distance: 3.7 Miles
- Denver Drive Time: 40 min
- Difficulty: Easy
- Duration: 1hr 30 min+
- Activities: Picnic Area, Horseback Riding, Mountain Biking, Hiking Trails
- Dogs: Allowed on Leash in Most Areas
Mount Falcon features several trails. By combining a few, you can create a 3.7 mile loop and take in several historic sites as well as breathtaking views of Denver, Red Rocks, and the Front Range. This is makes it one of the best hikes close to Denver for visiting friends and family. Because it is an easy hike and has a relatively flat and wide trail, you can take the jogging stroller on this one, too.
The Loop: Start at the parking lot and when you come to a fork in the trail, take the Tower Trail to your right. Soon you’ll pass the Eagle Eye Shelter which offers great views towards Mount Evans and the surrounding foothills. Stay on the Tower Trail until you get to the Fire Tower which commands a panoramic view of Denver, Red Rocks, and more of the Front Range of Colorado.
Then continue on the Tower Trail until it intersects with the Meadow Trail. Take the Meadow Trail North/Left for about .3 miles. It will end at the Castle Trail – take a left. The Castle Trail will lead you back to the parking lot, but don’t head back until you stop at the ruins of the old Walker Home. The views from here are beautiful as well. Click here for a link to the Mount Falcon trail map.
- Bring a Lunch and stop at the Eagle Eye Shelter for a Picnic
- Go early or late to catch some of the best sunsets along the Colorado’s Front Range
- Best Hikes For Family Visiting the Denver Area
- More Hikes Close to Denver for Hiking with Strollers
- Daniel’s Park – Incredible Sunrises & Sunsets in South Denver