- Hike Distance: 1.7 miles
- Denver Drive Time: 30
- Difficulty: Easy
- Duration: 1hr+
- Activities: Hiking Trails, Wildlife Viewing, Seasonal Fishing
- Dogs: Prohibited in the Refuge
- Directions: Click for Google Map
- Trail Type: Loop
- Seasons: All Season
- Beauty: Grassland, Front Range Views, Lakes Wildlife: wild Bison, Deer, Coyotes, Bald Eagles and Burrowing Owls.
- Closed Mondays
An arsenal turned into a Wildlife Refuge. What a great idea! The refuge boasts over 8000 acres and over 300 species of wildlife. It also hosts three lakes and Denver lake hikes.
How to Hike the Loop: Check in and begin your hike at the visitors center. Follow the Lake Mary Trail along the northwest of the lake until it merges with the the Prairie Trail. Follow the Prairie Trail to the south until it merges with the Ladora Trail which will take you back to the visitors center and along the shore of Lake Ladora.
- Remember that it’s closed on Mondays and pets are prohibited (makes sense – it’s a wildlife refuge)
- Trolley Tours are available on the weekends. Check out this tours link or call