- Hike Distance: 100 yards
- Denver Drive Time: 50min
- Difficulty: Easy
- Duration: 10min
- Activities: Short Trail
- Dogs: Allowed on Leash
- Directions: Click for Google Map
- Trail Type: Out & Back
- Seasons: Closed from Nov. 1 to May 1
- Beauty: Waterfall, Boulder Creek, Cliff.
Boulder Falls is only about 70 feet high, but it’s really breathtaking. The combination of the tight canyon, giant ponderosa pines, and the pouring waterfall makes it a great place to take visiting friends and family. This may be the shortest Colorado hike you ever set out to explore; so, we recommend combining your visit to Boulder Falls with a hike at either Betasso Preserve, Mt. Sanitas, or Forsythe Canyon.
- The trail to Boulder Falls is narrow and busy, so the best times to visit are early and around sunset.
- Take care in crossing the road: Parking is across the street from the waterfall, on a pretty tight canyon curve. Cars whip by fast.
- Leave Fido at home: We love our dog and take her on many of our hikes, but this trail is so busy and rocky that it makes the trail difficult to navigate at times. Basically, it’s an easy way to make the hike more enjoyable for others.
- Seasonally closed from Nov. 1 to May 1 each year for maintenance.